Website Pactiv Evergreen
Maintenance Specialist Job Highlights
|Location||Jackson, SC, United States|
Pactiv Evergreen is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh food service and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons. The company supplies the products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full-service restaurants and quick-service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers, and food processors.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Specialist who will be the front line “reactive” individual trouble-shooter and systems analyzer.
Candidates must have electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical knowledge that allows a comprehensive and thorough understanding of the process and electrical controls.
Strong manufacturing background with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and process troubleshooting skills required. Ability to work independently.
- The applicants should have a 2-year Industrial Electrical Degree from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of equivalent experience in an industrial environment.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and basic electrical symbol identification.
- Tasked with performing or assisting with all major and minor electrical repairs including 480V 3-phase motor repairs/installation, motor starter circuit repairs, VFD drives, photo-optic sensing devices, proximity switches, E-Stop circuitry, and ground fault detection in accordance with the guidelines established by Pactiv’s “Electrical Safety Program”
- Troubleshoot difficult maintenance problems that occur throughout the plant with a major emphasis on electrical problems, including A.C. and D.C. drives, PLC (programmable logic controllers) as well as basic motor control circuits.
- Understand electrical theory including basic ohms-law application.
- Utilize precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools, and testing instruments (Amp-meter, Ohm-meter, testing lamp, megger, etc.) for electrical equipment.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus with skills in repairing mechanical equipment.
- Basic mechanical skills with pneumatics and hydraulic systems. Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment when needed.
- Examine mechanical equipment to diagnose problems. Disassemble, repair/replace and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment including such devices as motors, conveyors, pumps, belts, chains, etc.
- Read mechanical prints and technical data during the installation and repair of equipment. In addition, the ability to read and interpret PI&D drawings.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Able to operate forklift and high-lift equipment, welding experience desired.
- Basic computer skills required.
- The high degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-pactiv-evergreen.icims.com.