Website Pactiv Evergreen
Maintenance Specialist Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||St. Charles, IL, United States|
Pactiv Evergreen is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh food service and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons. The company supplies the products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full-service restaurants and quick-service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers, and food processors.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Specialist to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associates Degree or Electrical Engineering certificate (preferred)
- The applicants should have a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing maintenance experience
- Clean, lubricate and adjust functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- Communicates problems encountered through the shift with Plant Engineer/Shift Supervisor.
- Develop simple types of experimental and operating equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems associated with all manufacturing equipment. Directly responsible for installation and repair of all equipment concerned with plant operations, services, and buildings including storage and inventory of spare parts.
- Examine mechanical equipment to diagnose the trouble.
- Install lighting fixtures and replaces bulbs and ballast.
- Isolate defects, disassemble, repair, and test faulty machinery, and mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Perform carpentry, plumbing, painting, and related work as necessary depending on assigned projects.
- Perform major electrical repairs including 3-phase, 440, and PLC, new installations of equipment, and replacement, and test of electrical circuit equipment and appliances.
- Performs electrical work according to requirements of local and state building/safety codes.
- Read blueprints and wiring diagrams for the installation and repair of equipment and facility.
- Repairs parts that require minor machine work and welding using gas and electrical welding equipment.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
- Utilize precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools, and testing instruments (ammeter, ohmmeter, testing lamp, etc.) for electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Basic computer skills
- A high degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Positive work attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 401K with a 6% company match (Eligible to participate from day one (1) with 100 % vesting in all company provided funds immediately)
- Corporate discounts
- Dental (basic and comprehensive coverage)
- Healthcare and Dependent day care flexible spending accounts
- Livongo diabetes program
- Medical (Comprehensive PPO, two HRA Plans, and an HSA plan)
- New Hire Wellness Bonus (see plan details)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision (basic and premier coverage)
Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-pactiv-evergreen.icims.com.