Website West Fraser
Maintenance Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||High Level, Alberta, Canada|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is recruiting a Maintenance Supervisor who will lead a maintenance crew of Millwrights, Welders, and Contractors.
Higher consideration will be granted to those who have previous experience in the wood remanufacturing sector; in a panel mill, Sawmill, Planer Mill, or with forest products.
The position will report directly to the Maintenance Manager in this full-time role.
- Applicants should be a Certified Tradesperson
- Preference will be given to Red Seal Millwright
Possess 5 to 10 years of maintenance supervisory experience (preferred)
- Cost Reduction
- Creating and planning improvement projects
- Developing a predictive and preventative maintenance program
- Inspecting completed work
- Maintenance of OSB processing equipment
- Managing parts with our purchaser
- Maximizing product quality and recovery
- Safety of the crew (Lockout Procedures, Field Level Hazard and Risk Assessments (FLHRA), Safety Audits)
- Scheduling and attendance
- Supervising Maintenance personnel
- Training/mentoring apprentices
- Troubleshooting and Equipment alignment
- Able to work in a group as a team player
- Commitment to safety
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills
- The company offers a challenging and stable work environment with a competitive wage and benefit package.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.