Website BWX Technologies
Maintenance Supervisor Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Barberton, OH, United States|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Supervisor to join its team.
- Applicants should have an Associate’s Degree or other advanced education (a plus) from a college or university.
- Equivalent experience working with machine tools, welding equipment, and manufacturing equipment may be accepted.
- Experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a union environment
- Mechanical or electronics maintenance experience and abilities (a must)
- Communicates with production foreman and welding technicians on setting repair priorities.
- Provides safety leadership and support.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance on equipment repairs and spare parts.
- Responsible for approving time and attendance for Maintenance employees.
- Responsible for foreman supervision duties for hourly maintenance millwrights, electronics repair technicians, and Construction Specialists across the entire facility. Includes working with union contract requirements when dealing with hourly employees.
- Responsible for job assignments, setting priorities, setting performance expectations, identifying and addressing employee performance issues, and assuring equipment repairs, preventative maintenance, and breakdowns are effectively being worked in order to maintain/improve equipment uptime.
- Must possess good leadership and communications skills.
- Must be able to communicate, direct, and interact with subordinates, peers, and superiors.
- Some weekends are required. Must be available for scheduled overtime.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Suite and SAP (desired)
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.