Maintenance Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||Yazoo City, MS, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor who will be responsible for daily, hands-on maintenance of plant equipment and transport tankers, ISO containers, etc.
This position has the lead role in managing/organizing all plant maintenance activities using a computer-based management system.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining adequate spare parts inventory to ensure plant reliability.
- The applicants require a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience working with pumps, compressors, refrigeration systems, electrical systems, and controls (required)
- Reciprocation and screw compressors, positive displacement, and centrifugal pumps.
- Identify and procure critical spare parts to ensure plant reliability.
- Interface directly with suppliers and service providers.
- Maintain maintenance logs, reports, and filing necessary to support cGMP medical gas production.
- Maintain the plant, perform welding, plumbing, and mechanical work. Must be able to troubleshoot pumps, compressors, refrigeration equipment, process controls, etc.
- Maintain work area in a neat and clean manner (housekeeping, safety).
- Manage/schedule and direct maintenance activities using a computer-based work order system.
- Must be able to recognize significant events and communicate maintenance conditions.
- Perform hands-on maintenance for pumps, compressors, scrubber towers, high-pressure piping, refrigeration systems, etc.
- Receive freight shipments.
- Take the lead implementing safety procedures such as hot work permitting, electrical lockout, confined space entry, etc.
- The ability to weld high-pressure stainless steel pipe is desirable.
- Identify and procure all critical spare parts necessary to ensure plant reliability.
- Maintains gas-related equipment on bulk gas tanker trailers.
- Need to be comfortable using basic office software and should be able to work with and direct others in completing maintenance projects.
- Need to be available for ongoing education and training after normal working hours.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration systems and compressors, electrical circuits, and process controls is required.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and regularly risks exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in parts of the work environment is high.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 80 pounds.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.