Maintenance Support Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Support Technician|
|Type||Full Time (2nd/3rd shift)|
|Location||Lafayette, IN, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is recruiting a Mechanical Support Technician who will perform preventive maintenance and lubrication on machines and equipment in the machine shop.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Must have previous experience with preventive maintenance in an industrial environment on CNC machine tools, conveyors, robots, or coolant systems.
- Handle chip and coolant systems
- Perform minor mechanical repairs and process duties such as unplugging sluices, replacing way wipers, and piping, and eliminating air, coolant, and hydraulic leaks
- Provide assistance to the Machine Repairmen to accomplish various “two persons” tasks on equipment in the facility
- Must have a thorough understanding and possess basic welding and cutting skills, lubrication principles, and pipefitting
- Basic electrical and print reading will be required along with a thorough understanding of the basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication, systems, and welding skills
- Possess and show strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation, and apply customer-based focus
- Work large amounts of overtime opportunities to support production demands
- Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders, work underground, and in confined spaces
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- 18 days/144 Hours Paid Time Off per calendar year, prorated
- 401K company match (6%)
- Annual company contribution into your 401K
- Full-time position with full benefits- health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Please attach an updated resume
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.