Maintenance Tech III Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Tech III|
|Location||Beltsville, MD, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Technician who will perform expert-level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s manuals, diagrams, schematics, and sketches.
- The applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Associates Degree with a Technical focus and 6 years of related experience in a specific industry
- The candidates should have 8 years of experience in the maintenance industry
- Construct and alter physical facilities to accommodate changes or improvements.
- Diagnose and repair vacuum furnaces and related vacuum pumps and equipment
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies, and repair items as necessary. Performs evaluations of alternatives to improve cost or reliability of equipment.
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry standards.
- Performs expert-level break-fix and preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devices in operation to the location root cause of the problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of the device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and repairing machine tools.
- Background in machining, metal-working, and welding machines
- Experience in predictive technologies, precision alignments, and general maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- Experience in vibration analysis or laser interferometer operations, precision alignments, and maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power, and control systems. Can analyze the problem, synthesize alternative solutions, and perform repairs.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder‘), Political Asylee, or Refugee.”
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.