Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Napoleon, OH, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is hiring a Maintenance Technician to join its team.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Performs a wide variety of electrical, general maintenance, and repair duties throughout the plant.
- Performs PLC program troubleshooting on equipment, vision systems, robotics, motor controls, and equipment repairs, and installations.
- Rigs, moves, and installs all types of machinery, drive-units, and makes machine repairs. Installs and maintains hydraulic, electrical, air, and gas. water, steam, fire systems, and facility infrastructure equipment.
- Repairs and fabricates using Tig, Mig, Stick, and acetylene/oxygen welding equipment as needed. Maintains and repairs the physical structure of the plant buildings and related equipment such as doors, floors, ceilings, roof leaks, plumbing fixtures, sewers, and drains.
- Uses a variety of machine and hand tools in cutting, fitting, adjusting, and fabricating parts for repair or replacement.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, and facilities. Completes required forms and paperwork as scheduled per PM Matrix.
- Be responsible for leaving each job in a neat and orderly condition.
- Operate company vehicles to transport maintenance material as required.
- Require the performance of other tasks as directed by the supervisor. Other duties may include limited guidance duties (i.e. answering the phone, redirecting employee questions, and informing operators how long machines may be down, etc.) in the absence of a supervisor.
- Thorough knowledge of millwright, maintenance, electrical, and machine repair principles.
- Requires pipe-fitting, electrical, welding, mechanical/electrical knowledge and the ability to use precision measuring tools, blueprints, electrical test equipment, and schematic drawings.
- Must plan and perform work in accordance with established practices.
- Basic computer skills are needed for PLC electrical troubleshooting, programming, and other maintenance-related programs.
- Requires frequent continuous physical effort working with light to heavy weight materials, occasionally handles extremely heavy material.
- Requires continuous mental application, and continuous visual attention in performing job duties.
- Some overtime is required.
- Working conditions may subject one to disagreeable elements such as dirt, grease, oil, solutions, temperature, and noise.
- Required to use proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.