Website WestRock Company
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd/3rd shift)|
|Location||Sioux City, IA, United States|
WestRock Company provides differentiated, sustainable paper and packaging solutions. The team members support customers around the world.
The company is hiring a Maintenance Technician who will help to deliver value to the servicing brands.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- An Associate’s Degree in the electrical field (preferred, but not required)
- Must have 2 to 3 years of successful electrical troubleshooting and repair experience, and be able to operate small machinery (lathe, drill press, welding equipment)
- Must have at least 1 full year of mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience
- Proven experience demonstrating dependability and timeliness with assignments, tasks, and responsibilities
- Ability to assist support staff to ensure inventory counts are accurate
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to submit timely and accurate paperwork
- Ability to work with steam and boiler controls and mechanical power drives
- Assemble, install, and fabricate equipment as needed (welding will be required)
- Ensure production machinery is functioning correctly and efficiently
- Have a working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, AC/DC motors, and controls
- Must provide own tools (specialty tools provided by the Company)
- Participation in Safety Reviews, Safety Training, and Safety Audits under the direction of plant management
- Perform preventative maintenance on all machinery
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic, compressor, and vacuum systems
- Willingness to participate in a maintenance training program that is provided and required
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50-100 pounds multiple times throughout the day
- Able to commence and continue specific courses of action with urgency
- Excellent communication
- Excellent Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
- History of excellent attendance is a must
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Must be willing to work all shifts as business needs fluctuate
- Willingness to fully cross-train in other technical areas of maintenance
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusions are business drivers and foundational elements of daily work.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance + Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off and Holidays Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability 401(k) plan with company match, and Pension Program Overtime Potential Career Development Opportunities Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence Bonus Eligible
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit westrockta.avature.net.