Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Amarillo, TX, United States|
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for the installation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of facility equipment, plant, and associated systems.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Possess 3 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Communicate equipment/plant status as required.
- Complete/maintain maintenance logs and associated documentation.
- Install equipment/machinery.
- Maintain and follow all safety requirements and ensure compliance by maintenance personnel.
- Maintain and secure the tools and repaired equipment.
- Maintain/clean work areas.
- Operate a variety of lifts, etc.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Share learnings and train/cross-train with coworkers to ensure knowledge is shared by the maintenance team.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Work with Operations team members and leaders in the work area to ensure uptime on equipment and repairs is complete and effective with the operations team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in metal fabrication.
- Able to utilize hydraulic schematics, pneumatic schematics, and electrical schematic
- Familiarity with wastewater treatment
- The ability to modify or program PLCs and HMI’s a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all employees throughout the plant
- Ability to perform basic computer functions: use SAP, eSafety, MESH Prism
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and parts breakdowns.
- Able to read ladder logic and utilize PLC for troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, and controls issues
- Able to stand on feet continuously during shift and able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance (40 lbs. routinely)
- Advanced skills in one or more of the following: Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, and PLC troubleshooting and repair.
- Basic skills in reading, arithmetic, and writing in English.
- Capable of welding, pipe fitting, rigging
- Dexterity for and ability to operate equipment, machinery, and computers (including Windows and MS Office as well as industrial software)
- Familiarity with basic mechanical principles/basic knowledge of shop maintenance tools
- Familiarity with DC and AC power up to three-phase 480-volt AC.
- Familiarity with safety standards such as electrical safety, arc flash, and lockout/tagout
- Working knowledge of equipment operations, tooling, machining operations, and product.
- Ability to work around molten metal and in a production environment that is at times very hot or very cold, and subject to unexpected swings of overtime (ability to flex personal schedule to cover tasks on other shifts)
- Must be able to work in a heavy industrial environment with large manufacturing equipment
- Environment exposure includes sharp objects, pinch points, and oil.
- Requires PPE to include safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, leather gloves, and hearing protection (as required in high-noise areas).
- Work in various locations, including confined spaces, and at varied heights using fall protection, permits, and other safety processes and procedures as required including but not limited to Lockout/Tagout
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
- Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of (enter location) will be considered.
- Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.