Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Charlotte, NC, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Wiring Devices Division is seeking a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for maintenance, repair/installation of equipment and machinery.
The position will work closely with vendors involved with contract maintenance, repairs, and refurbishing. Order supplies, as needed.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in industrial maintenance or facility maintenance.
- Technical Education or training preferred
- Assist ITS in performing tests and upgrades to the data system.
- Contact vendors for repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Install and set up machinery and equipment as needed and perform monthly preventive maintenance on machinery and facility equipment.
- Maintain files of maintenance records for ISO purposes.
- Obtain quotes and contract vendors for projects. Examples – office refurbishing, warehouse racking repair, electrical power supplies for new machinery.
- Participate as a member of Safety Committee – Attend monthly meetings and provide input and suggestions to help improve safety in the facility.
- Set up accounts for ordering supplies. Order supplies, parts, and equipment as needed for maintenance and operation purposes.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment and machinery as needed.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to perform carpentry and plumbing duties.
- Must be able to communicate with vendors for contract repairs and up-fits on equipment and facility.
- Must have basic computer literacy including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have excellent communication skills to inform and report to management the status of the facility, machinery, and equipment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.