Website Daubert Chemical Company
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Forest View, IL, United States|
|Company||Daubert Chemical Company|
Daubert Chemical Company is a leader in providing Specialty Coatings, Lubricants, and Adhesives. The company serves the steel, automotive transportation, and general manufacturing industries. It focuses on corrosion prevention coatings, industrial anti-skid coatings, sound deadening coatings, specialty adhesives, as well as concentrate formulations to service the aerosol packaging industry.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Technician who can demonstrate technical knowledge and skills to perform both routine and extensive maintenance and repair of the facilities and equipment at our chemical manufacturing plant.
Electrical knowledge is required; welding is a plus.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or apprenticeship training in a related field from a Vocational/Technical School or College (highly preferred)
- A combination of education and related experience will be considered.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment
- The chemical processing industry and related equipment experience (mixers, pumps, steam systems, fabrication, electrical, welding) are preferred.
- Assist in the planning and installation of new equipment, piping, electrical, etc.
- Comply with all applicable OSHA standards and company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, hot work permits, LOTO, PPE, fall protection, confined space, etc.
- Document repairs and maintenance performed when completed.
- Electrical (3 phase) work such as troubleshooting, bending conduit, wiring motors, etc. required
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, and maintain production equipment such as vacuum pumps, drum turners, mixers, boilers, steam systems, and compressors.
- Install and maintain piping systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment including but not limited to gauges, valves, pressure regulators, etc.
- Maintain and oversee the operation of the fire system.
- Perform basic carpentry and general cleaning duties involved in building and grounds maintenance, plus work outdoors in all weather conditions e.g. snow removal.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to safely operate Powered Industrial Trucks, such as forklift, scissors lift, etc.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with all levels. Ability to effectively communicate with others by speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Dependable, reliable attendance and punctuality are essential.
- General computer skills are used to access company data, such as an intranet, AMMS, and online employee training requirements.
- High attention to detail with accurate and timely completion of all required projects.
- Keep tools and work areas organized and free of hazards and debris.
- Mathematical skills are required.
- Must have practical experience operating hand and power tools, machine tools, and pressure indicators.
- Plumbing and pipe-fitting skills are a plus.
- A valid Driver’s License and good driving record are required to drive the company vehicle when necessary.
- Work positively with maintenance and operations teams to troubleshoot, find the root causes, and solve problems.
- 401(k) Savings Plan + Company Match
- BCBS of Illinois Medical and Dental.
- Competitive base hourly rate + overtime; annual increase reviews
- Disability, Family, and Military Leave
- Generous paid time off with 11 annual Holidays plus vacation and sick time
- Paid training, uniform service included, all safety equipment provided, company lunch events
- Vision Service Plan.
- Life Insurance (Whole/Term), EAP, Identity Protection, and more
- Required to reach with both hands and arms, and use hands and fingers.
- Talking and hearing (required)
- Required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, and balance.
- Must frequently lift or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to be medically cleared and fit-tested to wear a respirator in order to perform some duties.
- Capability to work in confined spaces.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally exposed to high precarious places; working outside in all weather conditions, e.g. extreme cold or heat.
- The noise level in the work environment depending on the area can be quiet to moderate to loud.
Daubert Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit daubertchemical.applytojob.com.