Website Independent Can Company
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Rosedale, MD, United States|
|Company||Independent Can Company|
Independent Can Company is an industry leader in decorative and specialty can-making. The company’s main focus is manufacturing high-quality metal packaging. Its metal lithography is of unmatched intensity and definition.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for facility maintenance and repairs.
Commitment to and support of the Company’s Core Values are key to success in this position.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Pass the Fork Truck and Scissor Lift Training certification course
- The candidates are expected to have previous work experience in the related field.
- Assist Millwrights on project work such as cutting using shears, drilling, tapping, tack welding, chute design/modifications, and conveyor belt replacement
- but not limited to, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, painting, furniture installation, welding, grinding, and ironwork
- Conduct facility audits (pest, fire extinguishers, ladders, external doors, emergency lights, chains, slings, and hoists)
- Follow company personnel and product safety requirements; including standards from SQF and internal GMPs
- Follow proper handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste and universal waste in accordance with State and Federal law
- levels require it or when the custodian is out
- Operates forklift and scissor lift if needed to complete a job
- Perform custodial duties and ground maintenance when staffing and workload
- Perform regular facility maintenance and repairs as directed by the Supervisor; including,
- Performs (daily, monthly, quarterly, yearly) inspections on equipment throughout the facility
- Performs guarding and machine repairs without assistance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute percentages, as well as draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read in English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to problem solve and develop short-term and long-term solutions.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and hear.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to operate the fork truck in a safe and expeditious manner so that there are no delays in the manufacturing or in the shipping operations.
- The employee must be able to safely and efficiently operate the lift at its maximum lift height (approximately 180”).
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, and occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Accident Insurance coverage
- Annual SSI/Safe & Sick Leave Policy/Pay allotment
- Apprentice Program
- Basic Life insurance/AD&D coverage
- Buy Up Life insurance with the ability to add a spouse and/or child rider coverage
- Charitable Giving Program
- Company Events
- Educational/Tuition assistance program
- Employee online shopping discounts
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Service Award Program, which awards employees based on years of service
- Employee Suggestion Program
- Generous PTO “Paid Time Off” Accrual, PTO increases with years of service
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage beginning on the first day of the month following 60 days of employment
- Participation in a 401(k)-retirement savings account, with a generous employer matching contribution
- Participation in an HSA “Health Savings Account” in connection with your insurance coverage
- Pet Insurance coverage
- Scholarship Program for spouses and dependents
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance coverage
Independent Can Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.