Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Midlothian, TX, United States|
LafargeHolcim is a leading cement producer and provides building solutions. The company offers an unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt, and concrete products and construction services.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for performing maintenance functions on all equipment and facilities.
Maintenance functions include repair, welding, preventative maintenance inspection, and installation of equipment. Good mechanical aptitude is required for the position.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Trade school or training program (preferred)
- The candidates should have experience in industrial maintenance
- Coupling alignment knowledge.
- Create and update work orders in the SAP system.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Exercise and encourage core values including but not limited to; developing self and coaching others by inspiration and empowerment
- General knowledge of installation and care of bearings (roller, ball, and sleeve oil).
- General layout, welding, and cutting skills with the ability to work from blueprints, sketches, or detailed instructions.
- General rigging knowledge.
- Have a basic understanding of hydraulics and be able to read schematics.
- Maintain work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Make estimates of material requirements and prepare requisitions and reports.
- Make preventative maintenance inspections and complete necessary forms and reports.
- Operate forklift, man-lift, light crane, drill press, cut-off saw, pipe threader, hydraulic press, ironworker, and various hand tools.
- Operate independently of Supervisors.
- Perform all job assignments using prescribed safety equipment and procedures.
- Practice and promote safety in such a way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, utilizing appropriate PPE.
- Repair equipment such as fans, screw conveyors, belt conveyors, reducers, bucket elevators, dust collectors, rotary feeders, vertical roller mills, ball mills, and other material handling equipment.
- Respond to call-outs during non-work hours as needed. Stay over if needed.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Perform such other assignments as directed.
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of the cement manufacturing process and equipment is a plus
- Read, write and speak English
- Strong work standards and attendance record
- 12 paid holidays
- 2 weeks vacation in the first year
- 401k in first 30 days with company match
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage within first 30 days
LafargeHolcim is an Equal Opportunity Employer – male, female, vet, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit uscareers2-lafargeholcim-na.icims.com.