Website Louis Industries
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Paynesville, MN, United States|
Louis Industries is a sheet metal fabricator and steel distributor using state-of-the-art technology to manufacture quality parts.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for conducting preventative maintenance and repairs on various production machines and equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience (preferred)
- Arrange for and manage appropriate third-party contractor support, as needed.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as scheduled, e.g., oil changes, greasing, filter changes, etc.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Follow all safety procedures, rules, and guidelines and notify the HR and Director of Operations of any existing or potential safety issues.
- Identify and troubleshoot basic equipment issues.
- Maintain the work area, machinery, and tools in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Participate in and support continuous process improvement.
- Perform basic electrical repairs, plumbing repairs, and hydraulic repairs.
- Perform lockout-tagout procedures on all machines requiring maintenance.
- Perform machine repairs, e.g., fix unloader forks and conveyers, change motors, fix oil leaks, etc.
- Performs a variety of types of preventative and routine maintenance and repairs, including electrical, mechanical, automation, and plumbing. Ensures that all equipment is functioning satisfactorily.
- Performs simple facility and grounds tasks including mowing and snow removal.
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Replace, empty, or replenish machine and equipment containers such as gas tanks, etc.
- Use a wire-feed welder, oxygen-acetylene torch, and plasma torch as needed to make repairs.
- Works with Maintenance Supervisor to develop and maintain preventative maintenance program for applicable equipment and machinery.
- Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with personnel
- Ability to read and interpret documents, e.g., drawings and schematics
- Ability to safely and effectively operate equipment
- Certified forklift operator (preferred)
- Knowledge of automation processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Frequent kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, walking, sitting, and standing for 9 hours per day.
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a communicable range of hearing and sight with or without the use of aids.
- Requires exposure to a typical manufacturing area where the environment is affected by outside temperatures and machine operation.
- 401k match
- Annual and quarterly bonus
- Boot allowance
- Dental insurance
- Dependent daycare flex spending
- Employee referral bonus
- Health insurance
- Holiday pay
- HSA match
- Life insurance
- Paid uniforms
- Prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Short term disability
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Vacation pay
- Vision insurance
- Weld helmet allowance
Louis Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.louisind.com.