Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|El Paso, TX, United States
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Technician to join its team.
- May require a High School Diploma
- Enrolled in or have completed a maintenance training program or 2 years equivalent experience working in an industrial maintenance environment
- Mechanical and electrical ability with at least 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the operation of personal computers
- 1 year of welding experience (preferred)
- Knowledge or experience in the operation of lathe, drill press, and milling machines (preferred)
- Be proactive in repairing equipment, guards, and parts with a Fix-It Right the First Time Attitude.
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
- Complete Work Orders and update the Computerized Maintenance Management System with accurate information.
- Ensure that all production and shop equipment is safe to operate always.
- Fabricate components or parts of equipment using shop equipment when required.
- Maintain all manufacturing equipment running such that quality products can be produced safely and efficiently.
- Follow all Safety Procedures established by OSHA and Tenneco.
- Follow Lockout/Tagout procedures when troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Maintain facility equipment when required (Air Compressors, Humidifiers, HVAC, etc.).
- Participate in Corrective Action Requests and Continual Improvement Projects.
- Participate in engineering projects
- Perform basic Electrical and Pneumatic installations when required.
- Perform duties with a focus on Customer Service in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Perform predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance on several types of equipment.
- Provide support to the operating production team.
- Provide training to other personnel as needed.
- Responsible for accurate reporting/recording of spare parts used.
- This position will follow the Maintenance Training and Evaluation Program.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning equipment; resolve mechanical and electrical issues on equipment.
- Accountable for Adherence to the Zero Tolerance policy and practice of refusing to tolerate or allow behavior defined by Tenneco as unacceptable in terms of safety (e.g. “unsafe behavior” meaning behavior that could lead to occupational injury or illness to a plant employee, contractor, or visitor).
- Accountable for complying with Environmental Health & Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Must be able to understand what hazards are associated with his/her position and how to minimize them. All accidents/injuries no matter how slight must be reported to any member of management, and/or Environmental Health & Safety Manager as soon as possible. Will be required to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Accountable for abiding by El Paso’s EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, complying with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS
- Authority to Stop and shut down unsafe machine operations; unsafe behaviors; and unsafe conditions. This includes but is not limited to any activity that does not conform to the EHS policy or may injure Tenneco team members, visitors, and contractors.
- Will work towards achieving established objectives, and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
- Other miscellaneous duties as business needs dictate or assigned by the corporate EHS officials.
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a violation of the Tenneco Code of Conduct Policy.
- Ability to make precise measurements with micrometers, dial gauges, rulers and scales, electrical instruments, etc.
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, and electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures manuals, and operating instructions.
- Ability to regularly lift or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift or move up to 25 lbs., and occasionally lift or move, push/pull up to 40 lbs.
- Knowledge and Hands-on with power tools.
- Must be able to operate lift truck adequately and safely
- Must be team-oriented and a self-starter.
- Strong organization skills
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.