Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Full Time (3rd shift)
|Statesville, NC, United States
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste-handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services are used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company is recruiting a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for the preventive maintenance and repairs of equipment, building maintenance, electrical maintenance, and repairs.
Will need experience in electronic and mechanical principles and will actively ensure the continuous operation of electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components.
- Completion of Technical/Vocational Industrial maintenance program or related field
- Minimum 2+ years of related maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with PM programs
- Prior welding experience (a plus)
- Working knowledge of related regulations such as OSHA, NEC, NFPA, ANSI, and state/local codes.
- Advises Operators of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical or mechanical equipment and components
- Assists and trains other maintenance employees
- Informs appropriate Managers and Operators of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent danger involved
- Install start-up and shut-down equipment following company safety procedures and adhering to OSHA requirements
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and skills in restoring equipment into operation, support to all areas of manufacturing operations
- Maintain the inventory of spare parts by ensuring all parts are easily accessible and operational
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards, i.e., proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and maintenance of area per safety and 5S standards, and understand all safety precautions when working with hazardous materials
- Maintains, tests, and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components
- Observe equipment in operation and locate causes of problems in preparation for machine preventive maintenance, conduct preventive maintenance, and complete documentation
- Operate forklifts as necessary
- Repair and maintain the following blueprints, manuals, and specifications for various production equipment/machinery, diagnose, dismantle, repair, or replace defective components, track repair causes and time per issue, and complete required documentation
- Repairing and maintaining all facility and production machinery and equipment that encompasses electrical or mechanical components
- Responsible for maintaining equipment/facility performance and maintenance documentation/records and drawings
- Responsible for the safe keeping of tools of the Maintenance Department
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical and hydraulic diagrams, and equipment specifications
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and components
- Proficient with hand and power tools, metal working tools, and welding equipment
- Strong computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.