Website C&W Services
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Huntsville, AL, United States|
C&W Services helps the clients to drive down facility operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and uptime, make strategic business decisions, and create a positive occupant experience.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of a wide range of equipment, including pumps, compressors, generators, motors, air conditioning systems, heat exchangers, hot water generators, and refrigeration machinery in addition to its associated auxiliary equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Associate’s Degree (preferred), technical training beyond high school level a plus.
- The candidates should be able to demonstrate mechanical aptitude acquired through previous job experience or vocational schooling.
- Assist in the recording and updating of project status reports
- Conduct day-to-day activities necessary to provide for the safety and comfort of facility occupants and to protect the value and extend the life of the facility asset.
- Detect potential mechanical problems by observing and listening to the pitch of the machinery.
- Develop a strong customer service-oriented relationship with clients, employees, and managers.
- Execute preventive maintenance programs to protect the value and extend the life of all facility components and to provide for cost-effective operation.
- Exhibit good personal grooming, including proper maintenance of company uniforms
- Maintain all facility components and equipment, parts, supplies including HVAC filters, belts, coils, cooling towers, condensers, compressors in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
- Maintain all facility interior and exterior components and improvements including electrical tamping outlets, appliances, cabinetry, doors, locks, plumbing pumps, parking lots, roofs, signage in their best and most cost-effective condition.
- Maintain client or company-owned or leased vehicles, equipment/tools in safe, efficient, and effective condition.
- Obtain and follow updates for equipment maintenance improvement and upkeep.
- Obtain and follow updates on all client, local, state/federal laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, and ordinances.
- Operate, maintain and repair all mechanical systems in a building, industrial power plant, or engine room.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as repairing and replacing pumps, motors, and other operating equipment, lubricating moving parts, replacing filters, and removing soot and corrosion that can reduce operating efficiency.
- Perform work on; heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems; building automation systems; diesel engines, turbines, generators; pumps, piping, and compressed gas systems; refrigeration and electrical systems and numerous other physical plant functions.
- Practice client security regulations and procedures.
- Provide project supervision of subcontractors.
- Record relevant events and facts concerning operation and maintenance in an equipment log.
- Report all emergency situations to client and C&W Services management.
- Report all equipment failures or contractual requirements to the Facility Manager.
- Report all equipment failures to the Facility Manager.
- Report all potential liability situations to the Facility Manager.
- Report needed repair beyond budget approval limit to the Facility Manager.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, renovation, and repair of production equipment, as well as, boiler systems and all other mechanical systems in a facility.
- Routinely check safety devices, identifying and correcting any trouble that develops.
- Solve client facilities-related problems.
- Start up, regulate, repair, and shut down equipment. Ensure that equipment operates safely and economically and within established limits by monitoring attached meters, gauges, and computerized controls.
- Use hand and power tools to perform repairs and maintenance ranging from a complete overhaul to replacing defective valves, gaskets, or bearings.
- When scheduled, maintain on-call status, 24-hrs daily for immediate action pertaining to critical systems failure.
- Assist in soliciting proposals as necessary on-site.
- Checks boilers and related machinery for proper operation, making necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Effectively communicate in a positive, proactive manner with all team members, customer employees, and vendors; demonstrate team and teamwork values.
- Ensure compliance with all company and customer policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment (HVAC) and refrigeration units, etc.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs laundry equipment, kitchen equipment, steam boilers, etc.
- Keeps logs of boiler room operations, records data, e.g., fuel consumed, temperature and pressure, etc.
- Logging daily maintenance performance in detail
- Maintain assigned tools and equipment in clean, proper working condition; notify Supervisor in the event an assigned tool is found to be or becomes defective.
- Meet all physical requirements for this job (physical requirements are listed separately and provided prior to employment).
- Participate in the continuous improvement process.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Preventative maintenance of equipment
- Reporting to supervisor all deficiencies, material required, and actual quantities used
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals.
- Possess a working knowledge of 4 or more of the following skills to use of hand and power tools, plumbing/pipefitting, minor welding, electrical work, minor carpentry work, blueprint reading, mathematics, grounds-keeping, industrial equipment operation.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator when required by the job.
- A full range of body motion is required, including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to talk and hear.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; possible fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, and to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment can be very loud.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cushmanwakefield.com.