Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Woonsocket, RI, United States|
Stericycle is the industry-leading compliance company for healthcare organizations, patients, and commercial businesses of every size. The suite of essential services helps clients properly dispose of potentially harmful medical waste, shred confidential information, and protect their trusted patient and customer relationships.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Technician who will perform routine preventative maintenance on all plant equipment and some troubleshooting/repairs.
The employee should be able to coordinate with maintenance vendors to handle any facility breakdown.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 2+ years of experience.
- Documents the results through completed work orders or in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) based on schedule and priority or as required.
- Light to heavy fabrication, demonstrating proficient welding (arc/electrode); acetylene torch; grinding cuttings skills.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Performs all duties and tasks in accordance with manufacturer and Stericycle procedures and with strict adherence to relative safety programs and standards including Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), Confined Space, Fall Protection, Electrical Safety, etc.
- Performs light electrical maintenance on all plant equipment to include 480V/ 240V/ 120V/ 24V powers systems. PLC, light robotics troubleshooting, and 4 to 20 milliamp control loop systems.
- Performs routine, preventive, corrective, and scheduled maintenance on a variety of machinery within the plant including but not limited to: incinerator process equipment/systems maintenance, including burners, Pumps, Hydraulic systems, Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS), high-temperature refractory, controls, Process Logic Controllers (PLC), combustion air blowers, pressure controls, and conveyance systems.
- Shares time to be on-call and ready to complete emergency or urgent repairs outside of normally scheduled shift.
- Capable of working collaboratively in teams and alone.
- Demonstrates the ability to ask questions and gather information in order to identify problems and repair or arrange for repair of the machine.
- Must have experience with the performance of LOTO out and permit confined space programs related to maintenance activities.
- Must have experience with the use of forklifts, aerial lifts, and various rigging equipment in the performance of maintenance activities.
- Possession of boiler, welding, or electrical certification or license is helpful.
- The company offers a full range of benefits including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan.
Stericycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified people regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, indigenous status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.stericycle.com.