Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Kettering, OH, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Technician who will maintain efficient and safe operations of all equipment, machinery, and building facilities to support plant operations in the manufacture of exhaust pipe components that meet production and quality standards.
- The applicants should have 2 years of Associates Degree in Electronics (or similar discipline) from a college or university.
- Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Hydraulics, and Pneumatics skills with training and experience in a manufacturing environment
- The employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity/performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks, and applicable work instructions.
- Handle all materials and tools and perform all electrical, electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatics maintenance and repair of all equipment, machinery, and building facilities as needed.
- Identify and locate problems and take corrective action in a timely manner to reduce production downtime and to assure all equipment and machinery is in an efficient and safe operating condition.
- Locate, troubleshoot and repair breakdowns and problems of machinery and building facilities and complete required paperwork.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on all equipment, machinery, facilities as scheduled, per guidelines, and complete required forms and paperwork.
- Upgrade and rebuild equipment and machinery, install electrical drops, assemble new components, design new circuits, etc. as required to assure production lines are running correctly and safely and building facilities are maintained in a good, safe condition.
- Use Lean principles, Quick Change Technology, Total Productive Maintenance, Cell Design, and 5S as a tool to help our plant run more efficiently.
- Work Effectively on own without direct supervision but respond to other employee’s and supervisor’s requests and work effectively in a team environment
- Overtime as required or requested.
Develop programs and program various Programmable Controllers
- Communicate safety problems, suggestions to reduce breakdowns and status of repairs, etc. To production employees, Cell Leaders, Supervisors, and Maintenance supervisors.
- Complete all work assignments, following appropriate action plans and safety regulations to protect self and other employees.
- Ability to demonstrate Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Hydraulics, Pneumatics Maintenance skills
- Ability to locate, troubleshoot and correct electrical, electronic, and mechanical problems
- Ability to read and follow Blueprints, Schematics, and other technical documentation
- Ability to use Electrical and Electronic Test Equipment
- Ability to work well on own without direct supervision but able to respond to directions and job assignments
- Ability to work well with other employees in a team environment
- Basic welding skills
- Completion of Industrial Maintenance courses or technical certificate preferred
- Flexibility to work long hours and other work schedules as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of Safety Procedures and Regulations in working with Electrical and Mechanical functions at Tenneco Automotive
- Knowledge of Relay Logic, Programmable Controllers, 3 – Phase Electrical Circuits/Motors and Direct and alternating Current Theory
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.