Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Athens, AL, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Technician who will have the ability to maintain in proper working order all of the machinery and infrastructure involved in the production of our products; the knowledge and ability to repair, adjust, or modify any mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical equipment or structure as needed to carry on the daily business of the operation; and the ability to write and troubleshoot programs for Programmable Limit Controls (PLC’s).
Experience in industrial electrical, hydraulic power, servo motion controls, pneumatics, lubrication, and preventive maintenance techniques are required.
- The applicants should have Technical School Training or Equivalent required (to include electronics and PLCs).
- Ability to pass a Basic Skills Test.
- The candidates should have 5 or more years of experience in maintenance required (to include a minimum of 2 years of experience in design, wiring, and troubleshooting of PLCs).
- Experience in installation and troubleshooting electrical components.
- Knowledge and ability to comprehend and complete projects as assigned by use of technical, physical, or mental attributes, as needed.
- May be given certain authority within job scope by Manager
- Must be proficient in basic welding, use of shop equipment, piping, and sheet metal fabrication.
- Programming and troubleshooting PLCs.
- Repair, adjust or modify mechanical equipment and associated machinery necessary for production in a modern stamping plant.
- Responsible for good housekeeping of work area and equipment.
- Thorough working knowledge of plant electrical distribution systems.
- To keep production in operation as well as maintain the rest of the plant structure.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Requires use of shop math, formulas, and a wide variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Jobs with a wide variety of assignments to learn.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical drawings, diagrams, schematics, prints, technical manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications a must.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.