Website Howmet Aerospace
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Technician who will support production operations by inspecting, monitoring, and maintaining the operation of all production equipment and plant systems.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of hands-on maintenance experience
- Ability to communicate effectively; both written and orally.
- Ability to research and identify parts via parts-fiche and assembly drawings
- Basic metal fabrication skills; use of power tools, cutting torch, stick welder, saws, and knee mill.
- Experience working around heavy equipment
- Formal technical/Vocational degree
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to obtain in-house mobile equipment certification; including forklift, scissor lift, and boom lift
- Relevant technical, vocational, or military training certificates
- Strong PC skills; ability to navigate and use CMMS, SAP ERP system, and manufacturing execution system (MES)
- Howmet’s Houston Extrusion Plant focuses on converting specialty metals into value-added extrusions for the aerospace and defense industries. Under direct supervision, the Junior Technician supports production operations by inspecting, monitoring, and maintaining the operation of all production equipment and plant systems.
- Complies with all EHS rules required for the work environment
- Conducts inventory cycle counts and documents results via CMMS
- Documents status and completion of PM work orders via the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Maintains clean work area and organized toolbox
- Performs daily inspection walk and generates repair WOs based on deficiency criteria
- Performs preventative maintenance (PM) in accordance with written instructions
- Physically pull inventory, consumables, and spares from inventory locations
- Transport and set up inventory, tools, and consumables for technician repairs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic computer literacy to communicate the status of PM work orders via email and navigate CMMS
- 1st shift, but be able to work extended hours and weekends when required
- All tools and training provided
- Metals processing necessitates the use of induction heaters and gas furnaces; as such, the manufacturing floor is unconditioned with few exceptions. The office areas and break areas are climate-controlled.
- Reports directly to Maintenance Manager
- A small team of 3 other technicians and 1 controls engineer
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Howmet Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit emhl.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.