Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Kaunakakai, HI, United States|
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with CMMS systems.
- Advanced trade school training and/or mechanical certifications (ASE).
- Experience in Preventative Maintenance, Heavy Diesel Equipment Repair, and/or Electrical and Hydraulic systems.
- Intermediate ability to weld, cut, and fabricate metal in order to complete repairs or small projects.
- Knowledgeable in the repair of Agriculture Equipment (tractors, harvesters, implements, etc.).
- Valid Hawaii Class A or B license or CDL as needed.
- Alert senior technicians and leadership as needed when non-conformities in product or process variance occur.
- Assist in keeping metrics and other information current on visual boards to drive teamwork and support data-based decisions.
- Assist other technicians with major repairs and diagnostics as needed.
- Be responsible for entering accurate service and/or repair information into a computerized work order system to track maintenance activities for each piece of equipment being serviced or repaired.
- Communicate and work with external vendors in order to locate/order parts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the company’s Healthy, Safety and Environment (HSE) and QA/QC standards (general field/shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures) including following all OSHA regulations.
- Develop a sense of ownership through partnerships with internal customers.
- Engage in continuous improvement programs.
- Facilitate DDS (Daily Direction Setting) meetings and drive effective shift handover collaborating with peers and across shifts to drive performance improvement; Support area by keeping metrics and other relevant information current on visual boards to drive teamwork and facilitate shift change over.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance in accordance with the production site and company goals.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Operate agriculture equipment in order to diagnose and repair breakdowns.
- Participate in maintenance-related HSE programs as needed.
- Prepare key process documentation as needed (procedures, meter readings, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) metrics, etc.).
- Read, understand, and follow technical service manuals.
- Work with or without supervision and with assistance as needed to complete PMs, repairs, and services in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Write and accomplish goals, be accountable for your own development.
- Work on other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Ability to learn and capable of maintaining inventory management system.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 60 pounds, work in and outdoors, and walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to read and understand equipment repair/service manuals.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and/or operate various types of lift equipment as needed such as man lift, scissor lift, etc. and maintain certification.
- Ability to work effectively alone, with people individually, or in a team to achieve results.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed during peak seasons including weekends.
- And operation (seed processing equipment, compressors, irrigation pumps, filter stations, etc.).
- Basic ability to weld, cut, design, and fabricate metal in order to complete repairs or small projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of and ability to use information technology systems and applications including CMMS systems (computer skills).
- Intermediate level skills and abilities in Preventative Maintenance, Heavy Diesel Equipment Repair, and/or Electrical and Hydraulic systems including the use of all diagnostic tools for troubleshooting.
- Intermediate skills in farm-specific equipment repairs.
- Intermediate skills with general construction practices (painting, air conditioning, drywall, concrete, electrical, plumbing, etc.).
- Intermediate skills with vehicle/farm equipment systems diagnostics, operation, maintenance, and repair (tractors, mowers, harvesters, backhoes, bulldozers, sprayers, etc.).
- Result-oriented and good time management skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Valid Driver’s License and site-specific requirements such as CDL depending on the site.
- The company offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit career.bayer.us.