Website Black Hills Energy
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Blytheville, AR, United States|
|Company||Black Hills Energy|
Black Hills Energy is a growth-oriented and vertically integrated energy company. The company’s non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas and coal.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Technician who will perform mechanical installation and subsequent repair and maintenance of pipelines for natural gas utility.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- No experience is required.
- Training provided.
- Coordinate schedules, safety programs, and communications, and assist in qualification evaluation.
- Estimate pipeline jobs, provide developer/contractor bids, and complete AFE requests.
- Inspect pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation/maintenance of distribution, and transmission facilities.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Responsible for installing, relocating, replacing, maintaining, and repairing gas lines.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications and requirements applicable to the job classification.
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone, work non-traditional hours as needed, and respond or be on stand-by during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
- Responsible for inventory and compliance reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to become familiar with company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy, and integrity.
- Ability to hand dig and expose other utilities.
- Ability to interact positively with customers and respond to customer inquiries.
- Ability to lead and interpret job-related blueprints and diagrams.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment such as a backhoe, trenchers, and other digging equipment.
- Ability to run pipeline construction equipment.
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Basic math and digital literacy.
- Capability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- General knowledge of regulators and relief valves found on project lines and main lines and general meter sets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Job planning and prioritizing.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high-pressure systems.
- Knowledge of basic properties of metals.
- Knowledge of load sizing for measurement.
- Knowledge of micrometers, calipers, and thickness testing equipment operations.
- Knowledge of operating costs associated with the equipment in the area of responsibility.
- Maintain regular, diligent attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Previous utility and construction experience is helpful.
- Mental Description – Understand, remember, apply oral or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
- Continuously moves about the office and the job sites and operates machines and equipment. Frequently accesses low and high areas with additional equipment, ascends/descends stairs, maintains coordination, and engages in repetitive motions (kneeling, reaching). Occasionally use a respirator. Employee operates job-related equipment and tools. Routinely performs this work for an average of 8-10 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Regular, reliable, and timely attendance is expected.
- Specific lifting abilities required by this job include medium work.
- Occasionally perform work indoors and routinely perform work outdoors in sometimes inclement weather with moderate to high noise levels. Workers may be subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in places of height, or close quarters (i.e., crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, narrow aisles, or passageways).
- Federal, State, or Local certifications, where required to perform work.
- Must be able to obtain a CDL within the first 90 days of employment.
- The company offers a benefits package that includes an annual incentive program (based on a percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Black Hills Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com.