Website Martin Marietta
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Midlothian, TX, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Technician who is expected to work with little or no supervision while performing maintenance on equipment necessary for the manufacturing of cement.
This position will split their time between the maintenance tech day shift positions as well as provide relief to the shift maintenance position.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the maintenance of heavy process machinery (preferred)
- Inspect plant process machinery and provide recommendations for repair
- Install/repair plant process machinery and provide a detailed written description of work performed
- Operate equipment such as boom lifts, cranes, forklifts, and other related mobile equipment
- Provide scopes of work, parts requirements, and equipment requirements for repairs during both scheduled and unscheduled mill and kiln outages.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of all types of equipment used in the manufacturing of cement is helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems is helpful, but not required
- Must be able to read and understand operations and maintenance manuals.
- Must be able to read gauges and keep accurate records of operating procedures and maintenance history.
- Must be able to utilize various measuring devices (micrometers, square, level, etc.).
- Must be able to work days or nights as required during equipment outages.
- Pass required physical examination and drug screens
- Prefer experience with shielded arc welding and flame cutting.
- Ability to climb up to 50 feet on ladders and catwalks and perform work
- Ability to work at heights up to 350 feet above ground level
- Lift up to 35 pounds and push a wheelbarrow
- Manual dexterity to operate equipment and use basic hand tools
- Must be able to use a jackhammer, shovel, broom, and wheelbarrow for up to 8 hours per day for various plant cleanup tasks
- Must use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination
- Walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, and squatting to perform the essential functions of this production labor position
- Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain, and in high humidity, and is required to work in all plant environments.
- Incumbents will be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights.
- May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDSs)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.