Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Elkhart, IN, United States|
Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of-line packaging operations and protect products in transit.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join its team.
- The applicants should be High School Graduates or equivalent
- College or technical training (preferred)
- Possess 5 years of manufacturing plant maintenance experience
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical controls, PLCs, DC, and AC drives.
- Experience with operation of Laser alignment equipment, Lathe, and Drill Mill.
- Addresses maintenance-related incidents (e.g. spills)
- Adhere to all safety rules, regulations, and plant procedures.
- Communicates with Plant Manager on maintenance schedules and production needs.
- Ensure that the maintenance shop and tools are maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Ensures work areas are cleaned.
- Maintain a cost-effective spare parts inventory as required.
- Perform repairs and maintenance to equipment in a timely, complete, and cost-effective manner.
- Provide and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all plant equipment.
- Purchase maintenance parts for plant equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance repair budget.
- Review all processes and procedures seeking ways to increase safety and productivity.
- Troubleshoots and addresses basic repairs and maintenance including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, welding, and painting.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to use all tools associated with welding, cutting, and fabricating to make repairs to equipment as needed
- Ability to work at heights up to 60
- Ability to work under time constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with Excel, Word, and email programs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Handles complex issues and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Position requires long periods of walking, standing, climbing, bending, stooping, and twisting.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group. May act as a lead or first-level supervisor.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Career path options
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Other additional benefits
- Personalized discounts, savings, and rewards program
- PTO – 3 weeks starting off
- Scholarship program for children of full-time employees
- Tuition assistance program
- Wellness Plan
Signode Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit signode.jobs.net.