Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (First Shift)|
|Location||Bridgeview, IL, United States|
Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of-line packaging operations and protect products in transit.
The company is hiring a Maintenance Technician to join its team.
- The applicants should have a minimum High School Diploma or GED and an electrical apprenticeship or vocational school/technology certificate in electricity.
- Possess 5 years of electrical technical hands-on experience including a minimum of 3 years of wiring automation machine control panels and PLCs.
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service and replace electronic devices and systems.
- Calibrate testing instruments and installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Dismantle, inspect and replace electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts
- Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems whether electrical or mechanical.
- Knowledge of A/C and D/C motor drives, installation, and start-up
- Knowledge of ARC FLASH and LOTO procedures instructed by OSHA and NEC CODE
- Lays out, assembles, installs, tests, repairs, and adjusts electrical fixtures, apparatus, equipment, wiring, and including panels, breakers, and conduit.
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests.
- Perform all duties in a safe and collaborative manner and immediately report any potentially dangerous conditions or other safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as recommended by the manufacturer and or the facility’s historical data.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment to detect and prevent problems.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Performs mechanical repairs on equipment from hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.
- Promote and comply with good safety practices and habits, including but not limited to, the use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working.
- Repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment, and motors using appropriate tools and testing instruments
- Start up and shuts down equipment in accordance with operation requirements, company safety procedures, and OSHA requirements for machine activation and shutdown.
- Troubleshoot and repairs electric controls, motor control centers, and programmable logic controls.
- Troubleshooting PLCs and HMI Screens
- Ability to install and maintain electrical/mechanical systems and controls.
- Ability to read electrical blueprints and schematics and apply NEC requirements.
- Ability to train others on electrical safety and other safety topics
- Ability to troubleshoot control circuits, motors, motor control circuits, and other electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Ability to use appropriate hand, power, and specialty tools and diagnostic equipment to complete job tasks.
- Ability to work some weekends, and overtime and share an on-call schedule.
- Familiarity and experience performing standard wiring per National Electrical Code, National Electrical Safety Code.
- Mechanical skills such as welding rigging, gear changing, etc. are a plus
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Career path options
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Other additional benefits
- Personalized discounts, savings, and rewards program
- PTO – 3 weeks starting off
- Scholarship program for children of full-time employees
- Tuition assistance program
- Wellness Plan
Signode Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit signode.jobs.net.