Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Eden, NC, United States
Weil-McLain is a leading designer and manufacturer of hydronic comfort heating systems for residential, commercial, and institutional buildings.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Technician who will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain assets in the production facility.
- The applicants should have a 2-year Degree in a maintenance-related field i.e. Industrial Maintenance, Electronics, HVAC, or Machinist from a college/university
- Possess 2 or more years of mechanical and electrical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in developing and performing preventive maintenance on equipment as required.
- Knowledge and experience in plant maintenance.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical skills with two or more year’s maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Preventive maintenance and machine repair experience is a necessity
- Documents work done to equipment and facility.
- Installation of new and existing tooling and equipment. Installation, repair and modification of electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, mechanical and automated systems on both the equipment and the facility. Build and modify jig and fixture as directed by Maintenance Supervisor. Assist contractors in completing projects as directed.
- Perform technician’s duties including, but not limited to automated, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and the repair of packaging and production equipment. Reads and interprets equipment manuals, blueprints and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Performs preventive maintenance. Complete preventative maintenance inspections on the facility and equipment; follow up on all issues identified.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Respond promptly to equipment breakdowns and repair the machinery in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot electrical and electronic equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment, tooling, and facility issues, correct or convey to the maintenance supervisor for corrective action.
- Working knowledge of production and fabrication equipment and an understanding of the theory of operation is preferred.
- Additional Maintenance-related training or certificates are preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer skills (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and print functions)
- Demonstrates organizational skills, including following up on his/her own needed actions.
- Demonstrates teamwork abilities with associates, vendors, and contractors.
- Experience and training in LOTO, confined space, and electrical safety required.
- A general understanding of PLCs is preferred.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
- Working knowledge in a maintenance environment of Automated and Mechanical Systems, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Basic Electricity, Electronic troubleshooting, basic refrigeration knowledge, Welding, Basic Plumbing, and Fabrication skills.
- The company offers a benefits package and the programs are performance-based to recognize and reward employees who work hard, display the values and leadership practices we embrace and deliver exceptional results.
Weil-McLain is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.spx.com.