Website Valero Energy Corporation
Maintenance Technician (Ethanol Plant) Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Technician – Ethanol Plant|
|Location||Lakota, IA, United States|
|Company||Valero Energy Corporation|
Valero Energy Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and petrochemical products.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of the plant equipment, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Possess 2 years of experience in the maintenance or repair of industrial equipment (pumps, valves, compressors, conveying equipment, etc.) (required)
- Experience in the maintenance functions of a dry-mill ethanol plant (preferred)
- Experience in the use of hand and power tools (preferred)
- Welding experience on carbon/stainless steel (preferred)
- Assists with diagnosing and troubleshooting maintenance-related issues.
- Assists with new installations and other projects, as requested by supervisor.
- Communicates directly with production and shipping/receiving departments to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
- Knows and understands the city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to maintenance and plant equipment, and works in a safe manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all times.
- Participates in health, safety, and environmental programs.
- Participates in the plant maintenance program.
- Participates in plant turnarounds.
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as required.
- Repairs or replaces plant equipment or systems on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Works a schedule that occasionally requires overtime or call-in as required.
- Works with the engineering department, external contractors, and vendors to implement the installation of new equipment or systems.
- Completes work orders as assigned.
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
To apply for this job please visit valero.taleo.net.