Website West Fraser
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Riegelwood, NC, United States|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Tech who will be responsible for mechanical repairs, maintenance, and PMs to equipment and rolling stock, and installation of new equipment.
These functions include cutting and welding, repairs to chains, sprockets, shafts, bearings, belts, sheaves, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, crane, and rolling stock.
These functions will be assigned through Work Orders, PM sheets, or on an as-needed basis.
- The applicants should have a Degree in Industrial Maintenance from a college/university
- Possess 2 years of experience in Industrial Maintenance including welding, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Able to work at heights
- Must be able to understand and satisfactory complete WOs, PMs, and other tasks in a timely manner while following all Safety Requirements and Lockout Procedures
- Must be physically capable of bending, reaching, lifting, and able to work in extreme environments, (hot, cold, rain, snow, etc.)
- Must furnish own hand tools
- Ability to be self-motivated, work unsupervised
- Must meet minimum testing standards for Maintenance
- Must meet criteria of Maintenance Tech as outlined by In-house Test Standards
- 401K with company match
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-the-job training and
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.