Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Menominee, MI, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Technician who will perform all maintenance, installation, and repair work on equipment and buildings that are necessary to the operation of the plant and office facilities.
Requires broad experience, training, or knowledge of mechanical or electrical methods and procedures.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Must be proficient in advanced shop mathematics
- Will be required to obtain Journeyman’s card if do not have one
- Possess an industrial electrical experience (a plus)
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Must be able to lift 25 – 35 pounds, 15 to 40 percent of the workday
- Must use considerable judgment to plan and perform unusual and difficult work with limited direction
- Requires the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas, and precision measuring instruments
- Requires training or knowledge of mechanical methods and procedures
- Communicate daily with Technicians from other shifts, Team Lead, and Manager as to the condition of equipment within your responsibility.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties; effect repairs or adjusts either temporarily or permanently to keep machines in production.
- Identify and order necessary maintenance parts.
- Instruct and train other assigned employees on work methods, safety procedures, and proper use of equipment.
- Ensure proper tooling inventory is maintained at all times.
- Keep work area, equipment, machines, storage areas, etc. clean and orderly at all times.
- May use a variety of machine tools including, but not limited to lathes, milling machines, drill press, grinders, hones, bores, and hand tools.
- Must perform as a team member with the willingness and attitude to work with others to resolve problems. Must also maintain a good working relationship with others within the organization.
- Offer suggestions relative to improving work processes, procedures, productivity, job safety, or work environment.
- Perform other miscellaneous job duties and related functions as directed by the immediate Team Lead, Manager, or other designated person.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, buildings, and grounds.
- Performs work on facilities, equipment, systems, and machines relating to the following: heating, electrical, air conditioning, ventilating, plumbing, electronic, painting, fluids, carpentry, machining, grounds work, welding, soldering, brazing, cutting, rigging, moving, sheet metal, erecting, concrete, sprinkler systems, engines, building repair, chemical use or storage, etc.
- Recognize operating irregularities and safety hazards and take corrective action or notify the proper person to correct them.
- Work safely at ALL times and comply with safety regulations regarding the use of protective equipment and devices.
- Works from complicated drawings, maintenance and service manuals sketches, blueprints, specifications, and verbal or written instructions.
- Works on job duties such as but not limited to maintenance repair, installing, fabricating, adjusting, troubleshooting, tearing down, rebuilding, leveling, fitting, aligning, painting, etc.
- Performs assigned start-up and shut-down functions on plant facilities as required.
- Performs regular inspections and maintains records on fire prevention equipment, boiler equipment, safety hazards, etc.
- Strong organization skills including the ability to follow a standard process and multi-task responsibilities
- 10 paid vacation days (prorated first calendar year)
- 11 paid holidays
- 6% 401k match
- Annual merit increases
- Day one medical, dental, vision, RX
- Education Tuition Assistance
- HSA with company contribution
- Monthly bonus (possibility of up to 11%)
- Opportunity for overtime hours/shifts
- Paid personal days
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.