Website Pegasus Steel
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Goose Creek, SC, United States|
Pegasus Steel is a world-class steel processing company that specializes in the cutting, forming, and fabrication of steel components from both sheet and plate in all grades of material, including stainless steel and aluminum.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician who will repair and maintain machinery and equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5 years of maintenance technician experience.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Cleans up and assures transportation equipment is ready for production.
- Collects and handles solid and hazardous waste generated at the worksite and deposits separately in designated containers.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of team members; understand how machines work and how to operate them safely; knowledge of emergency stops; and utilization of personal protective equipment.
- Examines the form and texture of parts to detect defects.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Install/modify fixture/equipment to improve productivity, safety, and efficiency.
- Installs and programs automated machinery and equipment, robots, and programmable controls.
- Installs/modifies electrical apparatus and electronic components.
- Lays out, assembles, and installs pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Maintain, clean, lubricate, repair, and performs preventive maintenance to production machinery that includes Laser, Plasma, Roll, Brakes, Water jet, etc. to minimize downtime and scrap.
- Maintains facility’s utilities/support equipment: air, water, drain, steam, hydraulic, electric, etc.
- Maintains fixtures/equipment to minimize downtime.
- Maintains the physical structure of fixtures and equipment.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Operates cutting torch to cut metal parts.
- Operates welding equipment to join metal parts.
- Perform routine cleaning of equipment and general housekeeping at and around the maintenance shop.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Repairs or replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic systems.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to be on call on all shifts
- Ability to follow maintenance procedures and maintain proper documentation, drawings, and files.
- Ability to install conduit, pipe, regulators, and hoses
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to take oral direction
- Ability to troubleshoot machine controls, disassemble and assemble machine parts.
- Ability to utilize hand-held tools/machinery/instruments, both manual and powered, both precision and non-precision. Perform basic maintenance tasks, such as plumbing, painting, greasing, oiling, grinding, drilling, disassembling, and reassembling simple machine parts.
- Ability to weld and cut with gas torches, troubleshoot machine controls.
- Ability to work in a team environment successfully
- Knowledgeable in hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic controls, materials, and components. Ability to operate, set, and regulate/adjust machinery.
- Knowledgeable in PLC and computer controls, relay ladder logic, and electronic controls preferred.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs and maneuver 200lbs without assistance.
Pegasus Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.