Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||College Park, GA, United States|
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments, and other customers who prepare meals away from home. The family of products includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician who will ensure that all warehouse equipment is maintained in a safe, efficient operating condition.
The applicants may perform fire inspections.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 10 years of technical experience in mechanics and electronics.
- Issue POs for all parts ordered on approval per management
- Issue work orders for all work performed
- Keep up to date on all maintenance records for warehouse equipment
- Perform light maintenance on trailers to include (but not limited to) replacing lights, repair to interior walls and floors, light welding
- Perform monthly sprinkler inspection
- Perform preventive maintenance for chargers, batteries and power equipment, etc. on schedule
- Perform scheduled monthly fire inspection
- Perform/assist in general maintenance of the building and grounds to include (but not limited to) repairing storage racks, moving furniture, erecting partitions, basic electrical repairs, basic plumbing repairs
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Must have the ability to read and write English.
- Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity.
- The employee must be able to safely lift 50 lbs. – 75 lbs. occasionally.
- There may be sufficient noise requiring the employee to shout in order to be heard.
- Work is medium to heavy in nature.
- Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside.
- Hazardous conditions exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and working in high places.
- The employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work.
- Must be able to perform a manual task, hear, stand, sit, reach, bend, communicate and interact with others.
- Trailer backup forklift operation requires distance vision.
- Must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction.
- Additional equipment may include a scissor lift, semi-tractor/trailer, welder, grinder, cutting torch, and a variety of hand tools.
- Forklift, floor scrubber, and pallet jack.
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- Cross Training Opportunities
- Employee Discount Programs
- Generous Retirement Benefits
- Ongoing Job Skills Training, Leadership Development Training
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Referral Bonus
- Safety Programs
- Service Recognitions and Employee Rewards
- Tuition Reimbursement
Sysco is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sysco.com.