Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Reno, NV, United States|
Alsco provides uniform laundry services and other products that keep businesses clean and safe for all kinds of customers in the healthcare, automotive, industrial, and hospitality industries.
The company is recruiting a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining large industrial textile processing equipment, as well as facility maintenance.
Tasks include start-up and shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, maintaining and operating boilers, welding and cutting, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, and other systems.
The position will report to the Chief Engineer.
- Applicants should be High School Graduates or equivalency (preferred)
Note: Some locations may require relevant certifications, a boiler license, or PLC programming
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of maintenance engineering experience with specific knowledge of machinery, electricity, electronics, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, welder, and boiler applications.
- Experience in carpentry, boiler repair, welding, and general facility repairs
- PLC programming experience
- Complies with all Federal, State, and local laws.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests, and makes adjustments.
- Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
- Follows written and verbal instructions and performs other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Installs repairs and performs preventative maintenance on industrial processing equipment, water levels, water systems, and other equipment and systems.
- Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance processes.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of maintenance performed.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications. Remains current on equipment and repair procedures and best practices.
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment.
- Responds to daily maintenance requests in a timely fashion to minimize equipment downtime.
- Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies, and procedures required by Alsco, law, and what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
- Studies blueprints and manufacturers’ manuals to determine the correct operation of machinery.
- Troubleshoots electrical issues.
- Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow directions, perform basic math, good time management
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding, or other safety violations.
- Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement.
- Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting ability of 3-phase 230-volt systems.
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, kneeling, working in confined areas, reaching overhead, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs, lifting and carrying up to 100 lbs, reading, writing, speaking, hearing.
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint, and dust, in general offices or on outside grounds.
- Occasionally, such as to procure parts
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Career Advancement
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
- Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.