Website Parker Hannifin
Maintenance Technician – Evening Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Technician – Evening Shift|
|Location||Lee’s Summit, MO, United States|
Parker Hannifin manufactures motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets. The company specializes in the design, manufacture, and distribution of compressed air/gas treatment, on-site gas generation systems, and clean air solutions.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician who will install, maintain and repair pneumatic, mechanical and electronic equipment.
The position is responsible for both Preventative (PM), and Reactive Maintenance in the effort to ensure the manufacturing operation meets its safety, quality, and delivery goals.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma
- HSE plus 2 years of post-high school education from an accredited college, university or trade school in an industrial or maintenance program
- The candidates should have 2 or more years of experience in an industrial maintenance role
- Able to perform essential job functions outside of normal working hours.
- Accurate and on-time completion of any required work orders, reports, logs, etc.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments.
- Embrace the safety culture by working safely, engaging with the safety team, following safe operating procedures and OSHA regulations, wearing proper PPE, identifying and correcting potential safety hazards, and maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines, and facility equipment following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains facilities and grounds in a clean, well-kept, and efficient operating manner as needed.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility equipment utilizing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic skill and expertise.
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment.
- Provide emergency, unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and or on-call.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Troubleshoots malfunctions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties including, but not limited to, welder, drill press, cutoff saw, band-saw, ammeter, volt-ohm meter, and computers.
- Other duties not listed herein but which need to be accomplished to maintain safe and efficient day-to-day operations of the plant.
- Able and willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the job.
- Able and willing to work overtime and be on call as business needs warrant
- Able to develop standard work instructions for the equipment.
- Skilled in the care and use of tools and equipment used in the trades involved.
- Able to fluently read, write and interpret English language Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds
- Able to operate hand tools, power tools, and industrial equipment
- Able to stand and/or walk throughout a shift of up to 12 hours Able to climb ladders and stairs
- Able to team-lift and move objects up to 175 pounds
- Able to use and maintain a computerized maintenance work order notification system.
- Able to work independently of others, as well as with a team to resolve issues.
- Able to work within confined spaces following all safe operating procedures
- Basic working understanding of mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics
- Eager to learn with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of electrical circuits
- Proficiency in MIG welding preferred
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) knowledge and troubleshooting preferred
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit parkercareers.ttcportals.com.