Maintenance Technician II/Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Technician II/Pipefitter|
|Location||Lake County, IL, United States|
AbbVie is a research-based biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in research and development, manufacturing, commercialization, and sale of medicines and therapies.
The company is hiring Maintenance Technician II and Pipefitter who will handle maintenance, repair, calibration, improvement of on-site equipment, utilities, facilities, and instruments in support of production operations, manufacturing, utility, and R&D (labs, warehouses, office facilities).
This position will perform mechanical or electrical support within the maintenance department (metrology support may be required depending on the location).
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma with 5+ years of experience OR
- Relevant Certificate with 3+ years of experience OR
- Associates Technical Degree with 1+ years of experience
- The candidates should have years of work experience in the field of mechanics, indicating proficiency in all aspects of mechanical construction and maintenance work including the demonstrated ability to work well with others in a commercial and/or industrial work environment.
- Experience in mechanical trades, electrical up to 480v, HVAC/R, PLC / Controls, Instrumentation, welding are recognized.
- Adhere to AbbVie’s code of conduct and safety policies. Ensure that GxP and safe work policies and procedures are followed/maintained in accordance with established company policies. Compliance with safety policy necessitates wearing appropriate PPE, completing required EHS training, identifying and submitting “Safety Opportunities”/“Near-Misses”, and promoting a safety culture by supporting safety-related programs (e.g., actively participating in JSAs/HSAs). Complete training on time.
- Does preventive maintenance work on plant equipment including but not limited to; machine lubrication, inspection, repair, and light fabrication, air handlers, and utility system components. Will perform predictive maintenance where applicable. Ordering and installing parts and material on various equipment is expected.
- Educates peers on existing hazards in the work area. Capable of training others on routine tasks.
- Independently performs senior-level maintenance work on various equipment/systems including machine lubrication, inspection, repair, and fabrication. Provides troubleshooting, preventive, and demand maintenance on various equipment/systems including centrifuges, compressors, autoclaves, washers, mixers, etc. along with other equipment related to production or facility operations. May perform pipefitting, welding, maintenance, and other work. Work may be mechanical or electrical in nature.
- Maintains quality standards when populating or executing relevant documentation (i.e. WO’s, JP’s, SOPs, etc.). Ensures that documentation is maintained (e.g. attachments doc forwarded appropriately), identifies inconsistencies and/or errors in the relevant documentation, and punctually fixes errors with a supervisor. Prepares necessary documentation for correction of errors. Accurately documents all maintenance activity in CMMS.
- Maintains the function of department assets to ensure production goals and quality standards are met.
- Reviews construction plans and drawings to determine the appropriateness of design and conformance to AbbVie Engineering Standards.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognize the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Performs light machining work on machine lathes and milling machines, etc., to make basic shafts and cut keyways, etc.
- Assists in root cause investigation and reliability-centered maintenance analysis.
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows). Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and ability to apply proper hand tools in an industrial setting. Knowledge and ability to use basic power tools (such as electric drills, drill press, saws, grinders, pneumatic and hydraulic tools). Ability to accurately use measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, scales).
- Must demonstrate proficiency in multiple skilled trade disciplines as defined by the department skills matrix. Will have an advanced understanding of all aspects of physics and mechanical theory and application to mechanical systems in a commercial and/or industrial environment.
- Must know all CMMS functions that pertain to mechanical maintenance, PM, and related activities. Will be able to perform advanced troubleshooting and mechanical repairs, have the ability to install mechanical equipment and accessories according to AbbVie Engineering Standards.
- On an independent basis, the individual must be able to evaluate the use of various resources and make knowledgeable decisions regarding safety, company standards, and policies.
- Required skills to inspect, troubleshoot, and maintain piping and equipment systems. Knowledge of steam systems.
AbbVie is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit careers.abbvie.com.