Website Enjet Aero
Maintenance Technician – Level 2 Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Technician – Level 2|
|Location||New Britain, CT, United States|
Enjet Aero machines and fabricates complex jet engine parts, components, assemblies for leading OEMs in the commercial, defense, and general aviation sectors. The company’s capabilities are concentrated on hot-section engine components and assemblies for the commercial, defense, and general aviation industries.
The company is looking for a candidate who can perform general maintenance of the shop machine equipment, facility grounds, and building in an orderly manner. Provide assistance to other maintenance staff, plus shop workers as necessary.
- The prospective applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification from a welding school, college, or tech center.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of proven work experience in the related field.
- 3-phase 208-480v electrical
- Basic single-phase electrical
- CNC control operation
- Fabricate sheet metal
- Forklift operation
- MIG welding
- Plumbing including sweat pipes, cut and fabricate copper fittings
- Service experience with hydraulic systems, compressed air, and pumps
- Strong working knowledge with the use of mechanic and power tools
- To clean company used tools after each day of use
- Communicate appropriately with other employees, building a strong rapport with machine operators
- General help with maintenance team as needed (not limited to)
- Identify and report possible safety and maintenance issues to the manager
- Maintain facility to highest standards, endure that everything works as needed. Able to find issues that could lead to future problems/failure
- Maintain machine service records and carry out monthly TPM paperwork process
- Maintain specific TPM (Total Preventive Maintenance) schedule of CNC machines – such as but not limited to maintain coolant levels and replacement, oil levels, filter cleaning or replacing, machine wipe down and machine surrounding area during each TPM
- Perform employee backup duties for others in maintenance should they be out of the building
- Perform routine HVAC building RTU inspections, looking for problems, and replace filters
- Properly lubricate and maintain equipment as per the manufacturer recommended lubrication schedules
- Properly mix cleaning chemicals and agents to manufacture spec or as directed by management
- Repairs and maintains all assigned machines and equipment, including preventative maintenance help as needed.
- Respond to and resolve maintenance issues that affect product quality and performance in a timely manner. Ensure the work is performed correctly and follows all approved procedures.
- Shovel snow from sidewalks, fire exits, roof, and doorways – sprinkle salt on the surface
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, erects, moves, and dismantles all types of machinery and auxiliary production equipment.
- Able to always wear safety glasses and safety shoes
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Always think SAFETY while performing all work duties
- Be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Be able to walk, stand, move around equipment, bend, kneel, squat, reach, stretch and effectively use ladders
- Communicate with team members and work well with others
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Full use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, legs, and back
- Keep all chemicals used labeled to comply with OSHA and EPA standards
- Possesses and must maintain a valid state driver’s license to drive a company van as needed
- Safely use a basic hand, power, and air tools
- Strong mechanical ability to troubleshoot mechanical machine issues, disassemble and reassemble machines in a timely, safe, and efficient fashion
- Supports and follows the guidelines of OSHA regulations.
Enjet Aero offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid holidays, a 401K retirement plan, disability insurance, and more.
Enjet Aero is an EOE/AA employer. We do not discriminate in employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status, or physical challenges.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.