Maintenance Technician/Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Indianapolis, IN, United States|
Bunge is a world leader in sourcing, processing, and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. The company has a wide network that feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for farmers and consumers across the globe. The network includes port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright who will be responsible for performing routine maintenance repairs, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or Associated Experience
- Possess 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Communicate with the Production Staff and the Maintenance Supervisor or manager regarding the status of equipment
- Follow established Safety and GMP procedures.
- Maintain Tool Inventory, verify all tools and equipment are properly accounted for and stored correctly.
- Perform emergency and preventative mechanical and electrical repairs on all equipment (includes cleaning, lubricating, adjusting parts, equipment, and machinery)
- Perform maintenance activities individually or as part of a team with co-workers.
- Position works indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures depending on the season.
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Reading and understanding blueprints and manuals
- Repairing electrical, mechanical equipment, operating equipment, and tools
- Support the Production lines and address any abnormal condition(s) of the machinery
- Troubleshoot all equipment throughout the facility
- Welding and pipefitting as necessary
- Work with operators to monitor all safety items on the machines and keep them in optimal operating condition
- Works at various heights
- Perform other duties and functions as needed by the department and directed by the facility management
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment: including, pumps, motors, conveyors, air valves, and various power sources
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting equipment failure skills are a must
- Skills include Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting knowledge of machines and tools including designs, uses, repair, motor control circuits as well as predictive and preventative maintenance
- Understanding of basic computer functions
- Arm/hand steadiness
- Hearing sensitivity to detect differences in sounds
- Lifting less than 50 pounds infrequently
- Work in confining environments under/over equipment
- Confined space
- General rigging practices
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Excellent benefits package available from Day 1
- Provides great growth opportunities
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bunge.com.