Maintenance Toolmaker Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||York, PA, United States|
Harley-Davidson is an American motorcycle manufacturer. It designs, assembles, and markets motorcycles and motorcycle accessories and parts. The company also offers motorcycle-related general merchandise on a wholesale basis; provides wholesale and retail financing, and insurance programs to its dealers and customers.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company Vehicle Operations facility in York has its final assembly plant. It performs a variety of manufacturing operations, including fabrication, welding, polishing, painting, and producing a wide range of current and replacement parts for all models.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Toolmaker to join its team at York facilities.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- The candidates should have Journeyperson Card (related to the job opening) and/or 7 years of applicable experience as a qualified Tool and Die Maker person, or machine tool builder in troubleshooting, machine repair, toolmaking, machine building, hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to perform production tasks as necessary or required by the situation.
- Ability to remove and setup dies in production equipment in order to perform necessary maintenance and PM activities
- Actively participate in any Skills Training Program required
- Assist in training employees in production roles to perform simple maintenance tasks as associated with TPM.
- Experience in basic welding and the ability to perform repairs requiring welding to return production equipment to service
- Instructs helper or apprentice and acts as a leader on jobs as required.
- Ensure machine availability goals are met by participating in and organizing Root Cause Analysis activities to improve equipment uptime.
- Lockout equipment to be maintained and follow all safety practices and procedures.
- Make repairs to the pneumatic and hydraulic systems as necessary in order to return production equipment to service
- Must be able to work eight hours or more and work mandated overtime as required under the guidelines of the current Labor Agreement.
- Operates necessary material handling equipment to transport supplies to a job and to make installations and repairs.
- Perform routine Preventive Maintenance (PM) activities.
- Performs routine and customary material handling and housekeeping associated with the job.
- Support the production operation by providing immediate response to all breakdowns to minimize equipment downtime and follow all escalation processes as defined.
- Troubleshoot and perform all required tool and die and mechanical maintenance on automated equipment.
- Understand Predictive Maintenance technologies in order to understand when they apply to problems and participate in utilizing them as deemed necessary
- Utilize the CMMS to record and track work activities including timekeeping, historical equipment repairs, and work order/PM closures
- Wears all required PPE for the task being performed
- Wears communication device as deemed necessary
- Demonstrated ability to read and utilize prints of machine assembly, layouts, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Experience in maintaining mechanical dies, both deep draw and progressive; presses, and basic welding.
- Experience in performing basic machine/fixture alignment using precision instruments in either metric or English measurement systems.
- Have a basic understanding of CNC control.
- Have a good understanding of tool room equipment, operations associated with drilling, milling, surface grinding, and lathe operations.
- Makes minor alterations to existing tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, and gages to prepare them for other uses.
- Must have a basic understanding of PC’s and basic PC skills
- Must have good verbal communication skills.
- The company offers an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more.
Harley-Davidson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.harley-davidson.com.