Website Martin Marietta
Maintenance Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Dallas, TX, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Welder who will work with the plant maintenance team to provide maintenance, repair, or installation services for ready mix and portable plants.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- The candidates are expected to have prior work experience (not required)
- Assists in training co-workers as needed.
- Communicates timely and effectively with the Plant Coordinator and Production Supervisor to keep them informed about major problems.
- Communicates/directs co-workers through hand signals and two-way radio.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the Lockout/Tagout procedure required during certain procedures.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing, electrical systems following specifications, blueprints, and manuals.
- Maintains parts inventory.
- May make service calls at other Martin Marietta plants as needed.
- May operate mobile equipment.
- Perform welding, repair, and fabrication.
- Performs daily inspection of machinery and equipment at the plant.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record, and inspection on service vehicle to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking, and adding fluids as needed.
- Performs data entry on all services performed.
- Performs general clean-up of the work area.
- Repairs/replaces wear items as required.
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Services pumps/motors as needed.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to diagnose the cause of malfunctions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to perform well in a “Team” environment.
- Must be able to read blueprints and mechanical diagrams.
- Must be willing to travel. 20% of the time worked is travel.
- Must have knowledge of crushing, screening, pumps, material handling equipment, and all related major systems in order to troubleshoot or anticipate system problems.
- Must have knowledge of plant maintenance and welding.
- People leadership skills and ability to follow direction and lead by example.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.