Website Martin Marietta
Maintenance Welder – 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Welder – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Columbia, SC, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Welder who can repair and maintain plant industrial equipment that includes conveyor systems, shakers, gearboxes, or other plant equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of welding and maintenance experience.
- Assist with training of co-workers as needed
- Completes daily pre and post-inspection of the working area
- Ensure a safe work environment for self and others at all times
- Maximizes performance of equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment, and repair to processing equipment and mobile equipment
- Prioritizes safety, then quality, followed by production
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all plant equipment often in out of position welding
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Participates in other tasks required by supervisor
- Able and willing to cross-train in different areas of production
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to use a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Able to work in the outdoor environment and in elevated areas
- Effective coordination and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge, and skills
- Skilled in maintenance welding
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, motivated, possess a positive attitude, and work with others as a team
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.