Manager (Manufacturing Engineering) Job Highlights
|Title||Manager – Manufacturing Engineering|
|Location||Garden City, NY, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager who will be responsible for supporting business goals including product cost and quality, schedule adherence, and delivery on time to customer demand.
It is a hands-on position that is responsible for ensuring the manufacturing processes, tooling, equipment support the Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity goals of the business
This position plays an integral part in plant operations, and special projects, and is responsible for developing and maintaining a motivated team and for supporting budgetary and production targets.
The position has direct reports but must be able to work in partnership with Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, and Production in support of the departmental objectives.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical-related disciplines (required) from a college or university.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degrees (preferred)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, including managing salaried and hourly staff.
- Minimum 3 years using continuous improvement methodologies, LEAN, Six Sigma, etc. is preferred.
- Responsible for developing the standard processes used to manufacture heat exchangers including selection and definition of all tooling, equipment, fixtures, and anything else related to the process. The team is responsible to:
- Ensure all production processes are defined using the standard work formats and templates.
- Create any training documents required to ensure production operators can perform the work in accordance with the documented standard.
- Design and develop any tooling or fixtures needed to support the production processes.
- Support the Operations team in the achievement of KPIs related to shipping volume targets, on-time delivery, past-due backlog, customer lead time, efficiency, utilization, and overtime premium expense.
- Author annual performance reviews and develop continuing education and advancement paths for an entire department.
- Coordinate, review, and present data for the purchase of capital equipment, and tooling improvements to audiences at various levels of the company.
- Ensure the ME team is properly deployed to support the daily needs of the business, new product introduction, cost reduction projects, or other duties as needed
- Establish and monitor overall performance for product and quality standards; recommend process improvements/quality control programs. Recommend changes in work practices to improve production standards and product quality.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through the implementation of the change management processes and best practices.
- Minimal travel expected. Potential travel to a facility in Reynosa, Mexico in support of overall business objectives.
- Oversee the Operational Excellence (cost reduction) plans for the site. Coordinate and manage the projects at a tactical level and develop the project tracking tools to report out to senior management.
- Provide oversight for manufacturing activities in the Reynosa Mexico facility.
- Provide technical support and recommendations to both internal and external customer technical/quality teams regarding process improvements, non-conforming parts, defects, and repair/rework.
- Support and drive continuous improvements in manufacturing metrics including quality, yields, cycle time, productivity, and cost. Promote process improvement, and LEAN manufacturing methodologies and 5S processes.
- Timely and thorough implementation of engineering changes. Actively partner in the creation and review of engineering changes when needed.
- Demonstrated history of successful change management and implementation of operational excellence improvements such as lean manufacturing, demand flow, and six sigma.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with a variety of lean tools and methodologies including, but not limited to VSM, Standard Work, Pull Systems and Kanban, Integrated Business Planning, Daily Management, 5S/Visual Management, 3P, SMED, TPM, Variation Reduction and Six Sigma.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills; promoting teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Experience should include build-to-order manufacturing management experience in medium volume/high-mix production environments, preferably in the military or aerospace industries.
- Experience with MRP systems; preferably Oracle.
- Familiarity with assembly, welding, brazing, machining, and testing processes is desired.
- Must be able to prioritize workload in a multitasking environment, short-term tactical along with longer-term strategic activities.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively and motivate others.
- Must possess solid analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from the production floor to the executive office; strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to get the job done.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.