Website Relativity Space
Manager, Robotics Engineering Job Highlights
|Title||Manager, Robotics Engineering|
|Location||Long Beach, CA, United States|
Relativity Space is building humanity’s multi-planetary future by using software-defined manufacturing, artificial intelligence, 3D printing, and autonomous robotics. The company’s long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The company is looking for a Manager (Robotics Engineering) who will lead the Robotics Engineering Team within its multifaceted Additive Development Group.
The team of Software and Robotics Engineers will work alongside Weld and Materials Engineers to develop and mature the core of Additive manufacturing technology to autonomously 3D print rockets.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor of Science either in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or a relevant field from a college/university.
- 3+ years of experience in developing software and controls for industrial robots
- 3+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C++
- Experience developing and integrating with safety-critical features and software for industrial robots
- Practical experience implementing algorithms for the calibration and motion control of complex robotic systems
- Theoretical and practical experience in control theory, sensor fusion, digital signal processing, robotic arm positioning and control, kinematics solvers, ROS, SLAM, motion planning, and collision avoidance
- Be responsible for architecting and implementing the core components of our robotic 3D printing capability.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining a working knowledge of Relativity’s Stargate-Class 3D printer design as well as your domain expertise to contribute to the assessment of proposed design changes and impact based on test evidence.
- Be responsible for key technical decisions, coordinate objectives, allocate resources, and prioritize activities for the robotic engineering team.
- Perform root cause analysis and debugging related to system-level errors as well as learn and contribute to our CICD pipeline.
Preferred but Not Required
- 5+ years of experience in developing software and controls for industrial robots
- 5+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C++ involving EtherCAT and TCP/IP protocols
- Direct experience with industrial hardware products including Kuka and Beckoff
- Experience with using weld processes for additive manufacturing
- M.S. or Ph.D. in either Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics, or relevant field
- Quaternion math is a side hobby of yours.
- Ability to architect new solutions from scratch, and evaluate possible solutions on their merit weighed against requirements you may need to derive.
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conceptualize, architect, and integrate automated systems from the ground up.
- Determine functional requirements for hardware, software, data usage, and requirements
- Perform trade studies on hardware selection, system design, and software architecture
- Strong Digital Signal Processing skills (Filtering, time and frequency domain analyses)
- The company offers a competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning, and Development stipend.
Relativity Space is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.