Website Northern Natural Gas
Manager – Welding Services Job Highlights
|Title||Manager – Welding Services|
|Location||Clifton, KS, United States|
|Company||Northern Natural Gas|
Northern Natural Gas provides natural gas transportation and storage services to 81 utilities and numerous producers, energy marketing companies, and industrial end-users. It also provides grid transportation between other interstate and intrastate pipelines, and access to major North American gas supply basins in Canada, the Rocky Mountains, the MidContinent and Permian Basins, and major shale gas developments.
The company is looking for a candidate who can manage the welding fabrication facility safely to meet the code requirements for both API 1104 and ASME while maintaining strict environmental compliance and cost-effectiveness for both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include: shop safety programs, environmental compliance, OSHA compliance, compliance with Department of Transportation driver regulations, adherence to API 1104 and ASME codes, compliance with Pipeline Hazardous Materials Agency; managing welding production personnel and the production process; improving and/or modifying existing production methods; researching, developing and testing new products; and marketing the products and managing customer relationships.
The position is also responsible for job tracking, materials procurement, management of the machine and welding services materials inventory, and budget management of all welding activities.
The prospective candidates should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with an emphasis in welding, materials, and mechanical from a welding school/college/tech center or industrial disciplines.
The applicants should have 8 or more years of related experience preferably in a manufacturing or production environment, including three years of supervisory/management responsibilities as a Supervisor.
- Develop quality improvement programs and implement innovative production/manufacturing methods.
- Develop strategic and operational plans for control, management, and improvement of welding services’ capabilities and for ensuring alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Evaluate mechanisms for tracking and evaluating production failures and implement product design changes to improve quality.
- Facilitate improvements in forecasting production requirements and inventory management.
- Formulate and implement manufacturing policies and programs to improve the competitiveness and profitability of the business unit.
- Manage welding operations at production facilities to ensure compliance with safety, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Negotiate parts for the welding shop to ensure volume discounts and manage inventory items that are necessary to ensure reliability.
- Operate and maintain the welding shop to meet financial goals.
- Participate in the development of corporate and departmental business plans.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including employee safety, selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, materials procurement, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives and planning, organizing, integrating, measuring, and reporting the work performed within the department.
- Prepare, monitor, and manage the unit’s annual business plan and budget.
- Provide emergency or urgent work under tight deadlines with little advance notice to prevent system outages or minimize project delays.
- Review and measure employee activities for assigned projects to assure the work is organized and effectively accomplished by skilled employees with quality and attention to detail.
- Work with other resources to develop manufacturing drawings for all products.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Performance Expectations (Success Factors)
- Develop accurate budgets based on departmental and business unit plans; control expenditures within budgeted levels to support those plans.
- Leadership to department staff is demonstrated through setting and achieving goals and objectives, communication and support of corporate and departmental goals and objectives, encouragement of teamwork within machine services, and high personal integrity.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information regarding company information.
- Monitors and enforces all compliance requirements for areas of responsibility.
- Perform responsibilities in support of the department and the Company goals; perform responsibilities as directed within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy; establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and the Company; maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary to effectively complete responsibilities.
- Support the Company’s employee policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.
- Ability to lead in a team-based environment.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including presentation and negotiations skills.
- Good understanding of production scheduling and quality guidelines and procedures.
- Must be results-oriented with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple issues and projects concurrently.
- Proven history of progressively responsible leadership ability.
Hiring Range $93,900-$110,500
Northern Natural Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit midamerican.taleo.net.