Website Stanley Black & Decker
Manual TIG Welder (CAM EA Patten) Job Highlights
|Title||Manual TIG Welder – CAM EA Patten|
|Location||Manchester, CT, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
Consolidated Aerospace Manufacturing (CAM) is the primary division of Stanley Black & Decker Aerospace. The company is a leading innovator and strategic partner in the manufacturing of fasteners, fittings, and engineered products for the aerospace, defense, and industrial markets.
The company is looking for a Manual TIG Welder who will be responsible for the fabrication and welding of aerospace tubular, sheet metal, and casting engine components.
1st Shift TIG Welders certify to AWS D17.1 Aerospace Specification as required to manual weld aviation hardware from 0.014” to 0.376” thickness, in all positions comprised of stainless steel, Inconel, cobalt, and aluminum alloys.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates with previous related work experience are good.
- Borescope inspection for root side weld defects. Visual weld inspection using fillet weld gauges, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, and final weld fixtures.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment at end of shift.
- Complies with internal quality system and regulatory requirements.
- Daily compliance to customer drawings and specifications to maintain aerospace Quality Standards.
- Follows all business policies and procedures.
- Inspects, maintains, logs preventative maintenance on equipment needed for welding and fabricating.
- Lean Manufacturing, general housekeeping, work in a teaming environment, 5S.
- Maintains qualification for welding certifications.
- Sets up machines according to work instructions to trim, size, form, inspect, and GTAW (TIG weld) material to meet fabrication drawing requirements.
- Set-up and layout jobs using Operation Sheets and fixtures following welding procedures to TIG weld in all positions including the use of rotary turntables for manual welding.
- Solvent cleaning, trimming, sizing, polishing to prepare weld joints for welding.
- Tack welding, fabrication of shop aids/fixtures to assist fabrication and welding.
- Weld inspection for weld size, face, root reinforcement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to pass TIG welding assessment and become certified on required alloy/joint combinations.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Good attention to detail and eye/hand coordination skills.
- Interprets specifications, Procedures, and work instructions.
- Near vision of Jaeger #2 at 12” and far vision of 20/30 or better in either eye, with or without corrective lenses.
- Occasionally required to lift 5 – 30 lbs.
- Uses mathematical and reading skills.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history.
- Makes decisions based on experience and available data.
- Requires minimal supervision to plan and schedule workload according to the production schedule to meet manufacturing needs.
- Strives to meet or exceed job requirements.
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
- Legal authorization to work in the US
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.