Manufacturing Design Engineer Job Highlights
|Manufacturing Design Engineer (MDE) – Home
|Cupertino, CA, United States
Apple is a technology company that specializes in computer software, consumer electronics, and online services.
The company needs an individual with a strong desire to learn, and people who can drive open issues to solutions. Previous experience with multi-factor DOE, statistical comparisons, JMP, SOP creation/validation, and process knowledge/design/troubleshooting is strongly beneficial, but not required.
The prospective applicants should have passed Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) or Equivalent from a welding school, college or trade center.
- Experience with data analysis through JMP or Minitab to understand outcomes of experiments is desired.
- Experience with driving a tight schedule, and helping to define micro schedules is helpful.
- Mechanical background, preferably with experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Passion to drive ambiguous problems to quantifiable solutions.
- Daily activities can range from program management to brainstorming solutions, to advanced data analysis.
- Take products from concept/brainstorm to mass production, as well as being able to audit existing processes to find opportunities.
- Understanding of processes including (but not limited to) machining, welding, stamping, forging, plating, and other forming/finishing methods.
- The knowledge base of a range of manufacturing techniques, and experience with troubleshooting of some processes.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.