Manufacturing Design Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Design Engineer|
|Location||Cupertino, CA, United States|
Apple is a technology company that specializes in computer software, consumer electronics, and online services.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Design Engineer who will be responsible for the development and implementation of high precision mechanical fabrication processes in a high-volume environment.
- The applicants should have completed either Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from a college/university, or Equivalent
- Experience with data analysis through JMP or Minitab to understand outcomes of experiments is desired.
- Experience with driving a tight schedule, and helping to define micro schedules is helpful.
- Mechanical background, preferably with experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Have an understanding of processes including (but not limited to) machining, welding, stamping, forging, plating, and other forming/finishing methods.
- Have a passion to drive ambiguous problems to quantifiable solutions.
- Perform activities ranging from program management to brainstorming solutions, to advanced data analysis.
- Take products from concept/brainstorm to mass production, as well as be able to audit existing processes to find opportunities.
- The knowledge base of a range of manufacturing techniques, and experience with troubleshooting of some processes.
- Previous experience with multi-factor DOE, statistical comparisons, JMP, SOP creation/validation, and process knowledge/design/troubleshooting is strongly beneficial, but not required.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. The company takes affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.