Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Burlington, IA, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for the application of welding engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products.
Implement new welding processes with increased capability by introducing advanced technologies, which contribute to improved product quality and reliability.
Review current state product processes, welding equipment/processes and make recommendations regarding enhancements.
Functions may include determining the machines, equipment, and tools, and the sequence of operations necessary to perform production and assembly operations.
Scrap reduction project experience, utilizing a good tooling background to assist in improving operations, is critical.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Welding Engineering, Welding Engineering Technology, Metallurgical Engineering, or equivalent from a recognized university or college.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of experience manufacturing engineering experience or specialized training (preferred)
- Must have experience in weld-related processes and in-depth knowledge of welding theory and materials.
- Assist in the development and technically evaluate capital purchases of new welding equipment and modifications of current equipment to utilize developed processes.
- Assist vendors with the design problems in connection with tools, gauges, and equipment designed to use in manufacturing.
- Assist with the establishment of welding specifications for release into production relating to specification restrictions and material processes. Determines the machines, equipment/tools, and the sequence of operations necessary to perform production and assembly operations.
- Conduct research to develop and test new processes and to improve existing methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to new and existing procedures including but not limited to control plans, APQP, PFMEA, and work instructions.
- Implementation of capital projects to include development of Appropriation Requests, selection of vendor, purchase of machinery, equipment, and implementation time tables.
- Implementation of new and modified Engineering Change Notices while updating and maintaining them for each area.
- Lead OEE/OAE improvement projects to both increase production outputs and increase manpower efficiency.
- Monitor, control, and improve the costs on tooling and consumables to drive improvements
- Optimization of equipment layout, sequence of operations, deployment of lean manufacturing techniques, and shop floor simulation.
- Perform design of experiments and assist with the development of prototype welding projects.
- Provide Lean Manufacturing support including but not limited to leading Kaizen events, implementing SMED, 5S improvements, and helping to develop error-proofing methods on automated manufacturing and assembly equipment.
- Provide on-the-job training with the completion of training documentation.
- Recommend the design of production machines and other plant equipment while creating and implementing PM schedules for those machines.
- Responsible for welding implementation for all new and existing products and standardizing the processes throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Work with the quality department to solve both internal and external customer concerns.
- Demonstrated experience in a lean manufacturing environment, metals, and/or work with automated assembly processes is preferred.
- They must have a working knowledge and skills in MS Office applications and computer-aided drafting applications.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.