Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Seward, NE, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is hiring a Manufacturing Engineer who will develop welding techniques, welding procedures, and the application of welding equipment to the problems involving the fabrication of metals.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university
- The candidates should have 2 to 5 years of related experience or training (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Conduct research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing welding equipment, develop new welding equipment, develop new welding methods, techniques, and procedures, and modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Contact engineering personnel, personnel of other agencies, or clients to exchange ideas and information or to offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
- Coordinate personnel in testing welds for conformance to national code requirements
- Direct and coordinate technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards.
- Establish welding procedures relating to specifications and restrictions, material processes, pre and post-heating requirements involving the use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex heating requirements to guide production and welding personnel.
- Evaluate new developments in the welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
- Perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Prepare technical reports summarizing the result of research and development and preventative maintenance investigations.
- Train and coordinate technical personnel in testing welding personnel for certification.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Weld Team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.