Website Siemens Energy
Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Charlotte, NC, United States|
Siemens Energy AG is one of the world’s leading energy technology companies. The company works on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions, and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain – from power generation and transmission to storage. The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers.
The company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join its team.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering from a college/university or related field.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience in forming and fabrication (welding, brazing, etc.) of nickel-based alloys are required. Those with more experience may be considered for a higher level.
- Experience with the application of thermal barrier and wear coatings, including Fanuc or ABB robotic programming is preferred.
- Experienced in implementing or improving manufacturing processes, information, facilities, and production planning in a shop environment with a working knowledge of fixture and tooling design and use.
- Experienced user of SAP, TeamCenter, and other IT platforms to develop and improve the manufacturing environment in the Charlotte Combustion Operations is desirable. Also, experience using Siemens NX is preferred.
- Complete the development and implementation of manufacturing work instructions for complex gas turbine combustion component fabrication and machining processes, including line-ups, standard operating processes, and quality control documentation.
- Determine the most economic manufacturing and repair processes, operation sequence, and tools for the fabrication, machining, and coating of gas turbine combustion components.
- Participate in and lead manufacturing and repair process development and improvement projects on gas turbine combustion components. Effectively work with design and repair engineering colleagues on new product introduction and process development and industrialization.
- Support and lead strategic projects to bring new manufacturing capabilities into the facility through new equipment or modernization of existing equipment.
- Support shop personnel to successfully execute manufacturing processes and complex fabrication and coating activities.
- Working knowledge and experience within complex manufacturing operations and demonstrated competence in a production environment leading diverse teams.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Collaborate with combustion design and repair engineering groups to develop new products.
- Develop technical talents and project management skills.
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens-energy.com.